***Special Law Enforcement Officer Class I Opportunity***
The Belmar Police Department will be accepting Special Law Enforcement Class I applications starting November 7- December 12, 2022.
The applications for the Belmar Police Department are available at Belmar.com under Forms and Applications.
To apply, all applicants must meet the following requirements/qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- United States Citizen
- Resident of New Jersey
- Have a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
- Have the ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly and intelligently.
- Have and demonstrate good moral character and have not been convicted of any crime constituting an indictable offense or any offense involving moral turpitude.
- Complete a background investigation, pass an oral interview and medical examination.
- Meet all qualifications of N.J.S.A. 40A:14-146 et seq.
Beginning today, February 1, 2022, all Belmar Police Department uniformed officers have been equipped with Body Worn Cameras. As per the New Jersey Attorney General Guidelines, all uniformed law enforcement officers are to be equipped with Body Worn Cameras. Please see below a description and photographs of the equipment and general information.
All emergency services are accessible through dialing 9-1-1
The Belmar Police Department has established its own 9-1-1 emergency call system and all calls are dispatched through the Belmar Police Department Dispatch Center.
You may contact the Belmar Police Department by dialing 732-681-1700 or by fax 732-681-7470.
To report a confidential crime tip please call 732-681-ATIP (2847).
Please note that Belmar Police will accept any unused medications 7 days a week.
NJ Office of Victim Advocacy Unit Information
Domestic Violence : http://www.180nj.org/
NJ Victims of Crime Compensation Office Information
Information on FREE counseling to victims of crime. Click here for more information.
Monmouth County Special Needs Registry
The Monmouth County Special Needs Registry is designed to help first responders better assist a person with special needs in the event of an emergency.
Please see attached pamphlet click here or log onto www.mcsnrnj.org for more information. Should you have any questions concerning this program, please call the Belmar Police Department at 732-671-1700.