Beach Department Information
The Beach Department Office is located at 5th and Ocean Avenues inside the Taylor Pavilion. The hours of operation are 9-5 weekdays and 9-6 weekends. CASH ONLY, badge sales end 30 minutes prior to closing. The office is operational from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day dependent upon the weather.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page BEFORE calling the beach department office as you may find the answer to your questions there.
Please be advised that all decisions regarding swimming and /or bathing are made by the Head Lifeguard on duty and are dependent upon the ocean conditions. These conditions may change frequently and all decisions are based upon what is in the best interest of the patron's safety.
The beach department chain of command is as follows:
- Michael Campbell, Public Works Director, CPWM, CPM and Replica Roger Vivier Shoes Beachfront Head Supervisor
- John Maguire, Public Works Supervisor and Beachfront Supervisor
- Jeff Coviello, Erica Coviello, Michaela McGuiness, Christina Spina - Beachfront Supervisors
Some Helpful Tips Before Calling:
- The Beach never closes - it is always open - but badges are required from 9AM-5PM weekdays and from 9AM-6PM on weekends. Click here for more information about Beach Badges.
- Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page BEFORE calling the beach department office as you may find the answers to your questions there.
- For general information or inquiries the Beach Department Office, the phone number is 732-749-4530 (during hours of operation, weather dependent, and in the season - from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day).
- To reach Mr. Campbell during hours of operation please call 732-681-0452
- To reach our Beach Directors during hours of operation please call:
Erica Coviello, Beach Co-Director 732-539-3836
- Beach Locker Rental Information 732-681-3700 ext 223
- Please click here for the printable Borough of Belmar Beachfront Application (NOT Lifeguards)