10th Avenue Railroad Crossing Closed
Beginning at 8 a.m., Thursday, November 5, until 7 a.m. Wednesday, November 18, 10th Avenue is scheduled to be closed and detoured in both directions at the railroad crossing between West Railroad Avenue and East Railroad Avenue. Construction will remove the existing railroad crossing and replace it with a new concrete crossing, as well as new asphalt approaches for a safer and smoother railroad crossing. Local access will be maintained for residents and businesses. The following signed detours will be in place:
10th Avenue westbound detour:
· Motorists traveling westbound on 10thAvenue will be directed to turn right onto Main Street/Route 35
· Turn left onto 8th Avenue
· Turn left onto River Road/Route 35 back to 10th Avenue
10th Avenue eastbound detour:
· Motorists traveling eastbound on 10thAvenue will be directed to turn left onto River Road/Route 35
· Turn right onto 8th Avenue
· Turn right onto Main Street/Route 30 back to 10th Avenue
Traffic detours will be coordinated with the local police. The road will be reopened if work is completed earlier than planned.
This federally-funded project is included within NJDOT’s railroad grade-crossing safety program, which repairs, upgrades, or removes approximately 30 crossings each year, statewide.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.