Beach badges are required for admission to Belmar’s beaches from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., on weekends only from Memorial Day weekend until the full season starts on the third Monday of June, when badges are required every day until Labor Day.
The fee for daily badges is $9 per day (children 15 and under are free). Seasonal badges are available for $70 and $30 for senior citizens, aged 65 and over with identification verifying age, and for disabled individuals (see limitations below). CASH ONLY.
Purchase Badges Online - Click Here (senior badges must be purchased in person with ID)
Belmar also offers free beach admission to active members of the military and their families through “Operation: Thank You.” For details about this program, click here.
By law, all beach badge revenue is maintained in a separate Beach Utility Account and is used only to fund the direct and indirect costs of operating and maintaining Belmar’s beaches.
Daily badge sales begin with the Memorial Day weekend, continue on weekends only until the full season starts (the Monday of the third week of June) and then daily for the rest of the season.
Daily badge booths are located every few blocks along the boardwalk.
Badge Sales During The Full Season: Cash ONLY.
- Weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Weekends and holidays from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Ticket Booth are located at 3rd, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th and 19th Avenues and at the Beach Office
- Persons fifteen (15) years of age or younger are free.
- The cost for a Season Adult Badge is $70.00, a Season Senior Citizen Badge is $30.00, and daily badges are $9.00. A valid ID is required as proof of age for each Senior Citizen Badge purchased.
- Daily badges can be purchased with CASH ONLY.
- Disabled individuals, who meet the disability criteria for disability benefits under Title I of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 401 et seq.) and who possess adequate proof of the same issued by the Social Security Administration, for entry any time during the dates when a fee is required, per person for a seasonal badge – $30.00. Click Here for a description of the acceptable proof required for the discounted badge.
Active military members and dependents get on to the beach for FREE when they show Active Military ID.
Gold Star Family Members: A Parent, legal guardian of a member of the Armed Forces of the United States who died while on active duty for the United States get on to the beach for FREE.
ALL Veterans get on the beach for FREE by showing an ID that identifies them as a veteran