Beach badges are required for admission to Belmar’s beaches from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., on weekends only from Memorial Day weekend until the full season starts on the third Monday of June, when badges are required every day until Labor Day.
The fee for daily badges is $8 per day (children 15 and under are free). Seasonal badges are available for $55 and $15 for senior citizens, aged 62 and over with identification verifying age, and for disabled individuals (see limitations below). Resolution 2014-196 established the revised beach badge fees for the 2015 Seasonal and changed the daily and seasonal beach badge fees effective January 1, 2015.
Belmar also offers free beach admission to active members of the military and their families through “Operation: Thank You.” For details about this program, click here. All Monmouth County Volunteer First Responders (First Aid/EMS and Firefighters) are admitted to the beach for free when showing their valid membership ID cards.
By law, all beach badge revenue is maintained in a separate Beach Utility Account and is used only to fund the direct and indirect costs of operating and maintaining Belmar’s beaches.
Seasonal Beach Badges may be purchased beginning December 1st until the third week of May at Borough Hall located at 601 Main Street - cash or check with ID - sorry but credit cards are not accepted for Badges Sales at Borough hall. For your convenience, you may choose to download the Seasonal Beach Badge Application Cards, and complete them prior to arriving at Borough Hall. Seasonal Beach Badge Application - Senior Citizen Beach Badge Application - Disability Discount Beach Badge Application.
Also for your convenience, you can request badges by mail by including an additional $9 per an order (not per badge) for shipping and handling costs. You can only purchase by mail from December 1st to May 1st. You should download the Seasonal Beach Badge Application Cards from the links above and mail in your applications with your payment for each badge. For Senior Citizen or Disability Discount Badges you will also need to mail proof of age or acceptable proof of disability according to Title I of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 401 et seq.). Please see below for more information regarding Disability Discount badges.
Seasonal Beach Badges are available at Boro Hall Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM from December through Mid May. Beginning the Saturday prior to Memorial Day weekend Beach Badges will only be available at the Beach Department office inside the Taylor Pavilion located at 6th and Ocean Avenue.
You can request badges by mail by including an additional $9 per an order for shipping and handling costs. You can only purchase by mail from December 1st to May 1st.
Daily badge sales begin with the Memorial Day weekend, continue on weekends only until the full season starts (the Monday of the third week of June) and then daily for the rest of the season.
Daily badge booths are located every few blocks along the boardwalk.
Badge Sales During The Full Season:
- Weekdays from 9 am to 4:30 pm.
- Weekends and holidays from 9 am to 5:45 pm.
- Ticket Booth are located at 3rd, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th and 19th Avenues and at the Beach Office
- Persons fifteen (15) years of age or younger are free. (Resolution 2014-196 establised the revised beach badge fees for the 2015 Seasonal and changed the daily and seasonal beach badge fees effective January 1, 2015.)
- The cost for a Season Adult Badge is $55.00, a Season Senior Citizen Badge is $15.00, and daily badges are $8.00. A valid ID is required as proof of age for each Senior Citizen Badge purchased.
- Beginning with the Saturday prior to Memorial Day Weekend, Seasonal badges can be purchased only at the Beach Office located in the Taylor Pavilion located at 6th and Ocean Avenue with either cash, a check with a driver’s license or by credit card (Visa or Master Card).
- Daily badges can be purchased with cash or by credit/debit card (Visa or Master Card) at any beachfront ticket booth for an additional $1 per badge credit card fee.
- Credit cards are only accepted prior to 3:45PM on Weekdays and 4:45PM on Weekends.
- Disabled individuals, who meet the disability criteria for disability benefits under Title I of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 401 et seq.) and who possess adequate proof of the same issued by the Social Security Administration, for entry any time during the dates when a fee is required, per person for a seasonal badge – $15.00. Click Here for a description of the acceptable proof required for the discounted badge.
Beach badges purchased by credit card or by any other electronic transaction shall be charged a transaction fee of $1.00 per badge.
RESOLUTION NO. 2017-93 - ADOPTED 05/04/2017 - Resolution designating the dates for closing thebeachfront except for payment of certain fees to the general public and residents of the borough of Belmar