BOROUGH OF BELMAR
Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
- Pursuant to Borough Ordinances, Chapter 21, a sale at public auction shall be conducted by the Municipal Clerk or designee at the Municipal Building, 601 Main Street, Belmar, New Jersey, of ten (10) Summer Taxi Owner’s Licenses. Said sale shall take place on Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. prevailing time.
- In each instance, the sale of each taxi owner’s license shall be made at public auction, with a minimum bid of $400, and shall be sold to the highest bidder for cash and the monies received from said sales shall be turned over to the Chief Financial Officer for deposit in the General Municipal Treasury. No person or company may hold or purchase more than one license.
- Each Summer Taxi Owner’s License would be valid from May 15th to September 15th for the year 2016. Each license is for the operation of no more than five (5) vehicles.
- The Borough shall have the option to grant a one year extension for 2017 for each licensee holder; any such extension request must be made by the license holder in writing to the borough clerk prior to February 1, 2017. The borough may approve or reject the request for extension which would be payable at the same annual rate.
- The highest bidder of each license will be required to complete an application and submit proof of insurance and vehicle registration. Upon submission of documents and all monies each taxicab driver that works for said licensed owner shall be required to complete an application and submit appropriate fees for a Summer Taxi Driver’s License.
- All license holders and taxicab operators will be required to be processed by the Belmar Police Department which includes fingerprinting and a background check.
April Claudio, Borough Clerk